Saturday 13 February 2010

Rotterdamnit




A good day to move to a new country, especially one like Holland, is any day except January 2nd.
January 2nd is empty. It is firework wrappers scattered across the streets, drunks staggering around yelling something that vaguely resembles the national anthem and broken glass, ciggarette butts and wet joints.


Driving by taxi from Amsterdam to Rotterdam was great. The sun shone and it was nice and warm. Even the driver fell asleep. That was the last time I saw the sun.
Rotterdam isn't just suffering from post-New Year's disorder. It's also snowy.

However it's a nest of beautiful modern architecture. I want to swallow it all.

And not just modern. It's full of rococo and other such things.
Now it's been over a month I'm here and I'm finally moving in.

I think I'll be just fine here.

No comments:

Post a Comment