Sunday 13 June 2010

A letter from me to my unborn children

Dear son or daughter that I will never have,
I'm sure you have a lot of questions that I will never answer. I'm never one to be responsible for each single little tear you let drop, or if you're a guy, tears you're trying to not let fall, when I'll stop you from going out with your friends for reasons you deem stupid.
I'll never be able to explain why I wish for you to excel in your academics, while preaching a care free and non-capitalist lifestyle.
I won't know what to say when you ask me why I want you to take kung fu lessons when I'm a pacifist. Or why I shelter you so much when I not only remember what it was like to be young, I remember what it was like to be young with restrictive parents.
I don't want you to wonder why people have children if they need to live in misery the last 4-8 years of their life at home.
So please son or daughter that I never had, or will have, don't judge me too harshly. Don't trust me, and believe me I don't know what's best for you.
Although I would love you, far too much, if you ever existed.  But you probably never will.

No comments:

Post a Comment