I'll keep her opinions and views out of this because it's not my place to say.
Here's something to get me started
- I do not belong to or believe or follow any established religion
- I do not believe in any intelligent being responsible for the creation of humankind/the world, etc.
- I do not believe there to be any intelligent being watching over us and/or judging us
- I won't completely reject anything, but I will not embrace it either
- The reason for this is that all religion is written by man. It's organised, and the rules, theories, beliefs are 99% man made, reflecting the beliefs and desires of man hundreds and thousands of years ago. One man's fries are another man's death. Or something like that. Meaning that views change from person to person, and generation to generation. Idiotic prejudices don't apply anymore, and anyone who believes of embraces any organised religion either does it as a defense mechanism, or is a fucking idiot. Now, I have friends who are religious, very religious in fact, but they know enought to keep it the fuck out of around me. One of the things I despise most is organised religion. It can make people do the most inhumane things ever heard of. The theories found in the bible, ku'ran, etc. are all conflicting and innaplicable to modern life. I'm going to leave this at this, because if I get too into it, this will never end.
- So we've heard lots of theories as to why there would be no intelligent being in charge of creating human kind. Biggest contradiction to this: FUCKING EVOLUTIONARY THEORY. I'm not going to elaborate on this, because honestly if there's anyone out there who has been taught the evolutionary theory and still refuses to accept it as at least the basis of the truth is pretty stupid. But now now, I don't want to offend anyone.
- This is simply because all the bad shit going on. War, disease, natural disaster, violation, etcetc. If all of this was against "God's" law, then why would it be possible? Don't answer that. I'm getting kind of tired now, explaining all of this. Now on to number 4
- Now, I say that I do not believe in god, and I do not believe in any organised religion, or any unproven theory created by man. That doesn't mean though, that I reject everything. For example, I could very easily consider a universal energy that encompasses all living and possibly nonliving things, which would be like the origin of everything. But that doens't make it intelligent or conscious. I can believe that there is something superior to mankind, easily. I don't think that whatever that is is watching over us or even gives a flying shit about us.
- Mankind (People, duh)
- Free will, and our power to do anything
- Healing through energy (Reiki, etc.).
- Science, in general. (That which is unproven shall remain untrue until it is proven). Or at least makes a lot of sense.
Free will is a huge thing, because it's not only something I believe exists somewhere, but it's something that we all need. When I say free will I don't mean free to go kill some guy, or drop acid in a dumpster. I mean being able to do anything one wants to do, and not feeling guilt or being punished OR REWARDED for it. Obviously it's not good for say, killing people and rape and violence and all that, but that also depends on where you're looking at.
A rapist might not consider rape as being bad.
So how did I get from religion to rape? Beats me.
I might elaborate sometime, but right now, I'm beat. :) Have a happy Friday guys.