Monday 26 April 2010

A monday evening, or morning somewhere in the world

I sat down to read Cat Among the Pigeons by Agatha Christie about 20 minutes ago, and as I always do when I read, I made coffee. I walked over to the fridge to take out the milk, skimmed as always due to a constant paranoia evident in 80% of teenage girls. Then contrary to that paranoia I walked over to the other side of the kitchen and took out the sugar pot and proceeded to insert milk and a teaspoonfull of sugar into my cup. Anyway, away with all this boring "let me tell you how to make coffee like a pro" stuff, and let me get to the point.

I had a thought.

Now, I'll tell you that when I have thoughts I completely discard any scientific proof of anything, and such a thing as logic and common sense no longer exist.

I thought of all the people I've known and began to care for over the years, and how I no longer really remember them. I remember their names and faces but I don't remember them. I thought about the people I've forgotten and it got me to wonder
WHAT IF, when living in a completely irrational world
what if there is a limit to how many people you can know or remember? A limit to how much you can remember in general? Once you come close to that limit your mind automatically begins to backtrack and erase details of people you no longer need in your life. Like you do with the temp file and old school projects on your computer. Or you should, anyway.
And if you were to somehow get out of control. When you think and when you remember too much, and your mind begins to crash.
Leading to alzheimers. Or parkinson's. Your body, YOU would begin to tell yourself it's too dangerous to remember all this and so your mind crashes.

Yeah. This is what I think of when I drink coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment